Sunday, September 16, 2012

Terry Fox Run & Blog Highlight



Terry Fox Run


This is the first year that I have done the Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research, and I was lucky enough to have my two daughters accompany me.  My mother passed away from cancer this spring, so we were walking in memory of her.

Km number 4 - almost done!!


The morning was sunny and beautiful - a great day for a run/walk.  I only walked the route because my girls were with me and they don't appreciate running :)  (I am working on that!!).  The most important part, is that we got out and raised money (and awareness) for cancer research.
Anyone can participate - you can walk, run, bike, roll - whatever!!  It is a great event that takes place on the same day all over towns in Canada.

My straggling daughter

My girls :)

Me on the homestretch (and the straggling daughter way behind)





Blog Highlight

I have been featured in a fellow blogger's blog; Heather's Running with Sass. She has a great blog, and my feature can be found here.  Go on over and have a look at her awesome blog!!