Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Racing this Spring

It's been a tough winter and a cold snowy spring which really dampened my enthusiasm for training for my spring races.  I basically hibernated this winter and with spring so long in coming, I had to use the treadmill for training, and I really really hated that. 

So, I really wasn't ready for my first races of the season.  Lack of training on top of a back/hip injury made for a winter weight gain and lack of conditioning.    It's time to get to a physiotherapist for my back/hip and to get moving more without aggravating my injury.   
With nicer weather coming, I'm ready to shed those winter pounds and train and be ready for my next race!

Me heading for the finish line


My daughter running with her arm in a sling - I wasn't the only one running with an injury